Your Hearing Appointment
Here at Hearing Group, we want to help combat hearing loss with various services and products. Start by booking a hearing test, and then let our hearing specialists take control of your hearing health.
As we get older, there is no doubt that we start to lose the precious things that we once took for granted; including our hearing. Let’s review the importance of getting your hearing tested. We recommend that as you hit 50 years of age, you get a hearing evaluation once a year, every year. Like our other annual health checkups, it’s good protocol to be proactive and catch any signs that we may need some help.
An annual hearing test, once completed, will give you a good baseline to reference from annually. If you find that you have hearing loss, you should visit with your hearing professional to address it.
There are some goals when addressing your hearing loss in the early stages:
- Treat your hearing loss for a better quality of life. Your family will thank you for it, and your mind, soul, and body will love you for it!
- A primary goal of treating your hearing loss is to either slow down or stop the regression of how your brain deals with the hearing function. We have all heard of the old saying that you will lose it if you don’t use it. Our brain is no different. We have to keep exercising it to maintain a good understanding of speech.
Find your local hearing specialist at one of our nine Hearing Group stores throughout Kansas and Oklahoma and book a hearing test appointment.
All About Your Appointment
Discover Unique Insights. Your initial hearing test appointment is one of the most important appointments regarding your hearing health. In this video, you will learn what you should expect and ask questions to get the most out of your consultation.
How to Choose a Hearing Aid Professional
There are several things that you should consider before choosing a hearing professional.
What are other people saying about the place and hearing professional you’re considering? Check out their Google Reviews. What is their overall rating? Read both the good and not so good reviews to make your decision.
- What hearing test is administered to evaluate your hearing loss? The typical test includes Puretone Air and Bone conduction, MCL, UCL, and Speech Recognition test. These should be the minimum you should expect.
- Do you feel comfortable when you walk into the practice? Is it clean and presentable? Do you like the person you will be working with? After all, you will be working with that professional for years to come.
- What verification testing is done after the delivery of your new hearing instruments? There are several, such as Insitu Audiometry and Real Ear Measurements, especially Speech Mapping.
- Research their reputation on Google Reviews and other media to see what others are saying about them.
Check out the unbeatable service offered by Hearing Group’s hearing specialists, thanks to our reliable testimonials. Book your hearing test appointment and enjoy an unbeatable experience.
Book a Hearing Test
We often hear from our patients that the hardest step during their hearing journey is making the initial call to book a hearing test. No one wants to be told they have hearing loss, or even worse, that they need hearing instruments, but the earlier you call, the more we can help.
Our patients also tell us that they are so happy they went ahead and made that call. It is one of the best things they ever did. Taking control and understanding your hearing health is essential. If you sometimes struggle to hear or suspect that your hearing has been damaged, don’t wait until it is too late.
Don’t wait any longer. Give Hearing Group a call on (866) 542-5614, or book a hearing test using our booking form below. A whole new world of better hearing awaits you!
What to Expect on the Day of Your Hearing Test Appointment
The day of your appointment is a special day. Here are a few things to do. First, bring a loved one with you. You will be going over a lot of important information, and sometimes it is hard to remember it all yourself. Another reason is, we will be letting you try hearing aids, and we use a loved one to see how much better you can hear them.
In addition, try to arrive 10-15 minutes early to complete your paperwork, relax and have a cup of coffee. Check out our video of what to expect during your appointment.
Going Over The Results Of The Hearing Test
Once the test is complete, we specialize in going over your hearing test results. This is a great time to ask any questions you may have about the results of the test.We believe the better informed you are about your hearing loss, the better we can help you choose a hearing solution or hearing aid. At Hearing Group, the consultation is all about you and how we can best serve you!
We will review the following results:
- Hearing Loss Shape
- Understanding your brain’s ability to understand speech by reviewing the Word Recognition Score.
- Medical Referral. If there is any cause for concern we will refer you to a physician.